Monday, May 19, 2008

The Host


I have had ample amounts of time to read this book between going to St George last week and being sick all weekend with the flu. Before we left for St George i thought what the heck, ill check this book out since i have read the Twilight series. Next thing i knew, i could not put the dang book down. This past weekend I thought i was just feeling sick at work and that my unborn child hated me that day making me feel so dang nauseated, boy i was wrong. I came home from work on Thursday evening and didn't stop throwing up until Friday morning. Followed by all the aches and pains of the flu i decided i was just sick. Which is why i had so much time to finish the 600 page book in a matter of just days. I loved the book and if any of you have read it i want to hear your thoughts about it. I thought it was written extremely well. It was major SiFi so if you like "real life" reading i don't recommend this book to you. It had a weird concept, and i was watching an interview with Stephanie Meyers on TV and agree with her that this book could not be made into a movie with an actress portraying both Melanie AND Wanderer (for those who have read it). Anyway, let me know what you thought?!

6 comments:

Lindsay R. said...

Glad to hear you liked it! I got the book for mothers day but have been reading another one. I will let you know once I read it!

Hillary said...

I just started the book last night I have only read like 20 pages, so I will let you know what I think. I am glad to hear you liked it. I loved the twilight series, so I thought I would give this one a shot!

Brittani said...

i was debating on buying the book the other day while i was at costco. you just convinced me to go get it! my whole family had the flu two weeks ago. it was terrible. i can't imagine having it and being pregnant. i'm sorry!! hope ya feel better.

Jana said...

I am almost done. Love it - SO much better than the Twilight series (although I still think those are ok).

Yeah, a movie would be impossible. I certainly hope they don't even try.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britney O'Connor said...

I LOVEDDD this book. Read it in a matter of like 6 hours. It was amazing. I think I am gonna read it again. :o)