I'm sitting here on the computer at 8:30 in the evening, Gracie is down to bed, Zac is leaving to play racquetball and my mind is going crazy with thoughts of how I can spend this evening. So much I want to do in so little time! I wonder what I did with my time before I was a mom. During the day I obviously went to work, but how did I spend my evenings?! You really learn to appreciate down time. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to sleep and I would sit there and toss and turn with a lot of anxiety over nothing. Now when I lay awake in the middle of the night I'm so happy I have time to myself to just lay there and do nothing but relax.
Now, for tonight I will do the things that make me happy:
Watch Friends & Take a bath
Watch Friends & Take a bath
Eat apples and peanut butter & Paint my nails this fabulous color
Watch this show
What do you do with your down time?





5 comments:
Ooh next time you have down time call me. But I think we should all hit up the jacuzzi instead of your bath ;)
You too with the apples and peanut butter? My secret is...if I don't have apples I just use a spoon and eat the peanut butter alone. I have not polished my nails (fingers or toes) in 6 months. You heard me right. I enjoy catching up on laundry..blogging...facebook...snackslike laughing cow cheese and wheat things.
Have I mentioned I love your new blog design? It is really great!
I loved this because it made me want to make the most of my down time while I still have it. Someday it will be all gone!
Currently in my free time I read Harry Potter (re-reading the whole series has taken a couple months so far, so entertaining!), watch The Bachelor, catch up on blog commenting/reading, write my own blog posts, and eat. I always seem to want to eat something when I have down time. Cereal.... cookies... cake.... really healthy stuff, you know. ;)
Haha! Those cookies are great! oh and don't be offended but I deleted your comment so Reno won't know what's comin:)
Eat PB spoons! I love that polish color and I'm jealous of Gracie's bed time. It's not uncommon for Ary to be up till 11:00, even without a nap.
Post a Comment