I was laying in my bed early this morning thinking about what today meant to me. Today was the due date for Baby Layton. For those of you who don't know what i am talking about please refer to Baby Layton Post. Pictured above is Baby Layton at 15 weks. I was thinking i was being silly for being so emotional about everything this morning. But then I thought, and all you mothers will agree with me that when you are carrying a baby you get to bond with it immediately and its a feeling you can't describe. Especially when you hear the heart beat or see it move for the first time. It was not a small event for me, in fact i can honestly say it was one of the biggest trials i have ever been given. After I had Baby Layton the Dr gave me some instructions on when we could "try" again. But Zac and I had decided to wait and try again naturally for a while. While I was in Stake Conference a couple of months ago I looked over and saw a girl who couldn't have been more than 20 weeks pregnant and an instant feeling of jealously came over me. (I know I was in church, but i couldn't help but feel that way). Then I leaned over to Zac and said I wanted to start Clomid (my fertility pills) this month. He looked discusted because i turn into a monster on them, but he said if thats what I wanted it was okay with him. That Wednesday came along and no sign of my cycle, but that wasn't uncommon either. Then Thursday, then friday, then Satruday...It was BYU's first game of the season and I was with my sister Amy while Zac was at the game. We went to Walmart and she talked me into getting a pregnancy test. We went home and low and behold it couldn't be more positive that i was PREGNANT! When i picked Zac up from the game he was really excited about BYU's win and how big of a blow out it was, but I had to be the story topper. When I told him he asked me if this was some sick joke. We were both so excited, but it was a different kind of excited it was very cautional. I have had 2 ultrasounds because i am considered more of high risk pregnancy, but things looked great! My Dr said that within the 1st year of having a baby you are most firtle. He was right. So today is a little easier for me to handle. I am happy to report that I am 3 months pregnant. It has all been an emotional ride, but it will be worth it!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Due Date
I was laying in my bed early this morning thinking about what today meant to me. Today was the due date for Baby Layton. For those of you who don't know what i am talking about please refer to Baby Layton Post. Pictured above is Baby Layton at 15 weks. I was thinking i was being silly for being so emotional about everything this morning. But then I thought, and all you mothers will agree with me that when you are carrying a baby you get to bond with it immediately and its a feeling you can't describe. Especially when you hear the heart beat or see it move for the first time. It was not a small event for me, in fact i can honestly say it was one of the biggest trials i have ever been given. After I had Baby Layton the Dr gave me some instructions on when we could "try" again. But Zac and I had decided to wait and try again naturally for a while. While I was in Stake Conference a couple of months ago I looked over and saw a girl who couldn't have been more than 20 weeks pregnant and an instant feeling of jealously came over me. (I know I was in church, but i couldn't help but feel that way). Then I leaned over to Zac and said I wanted to start Clomid (my fertility pills) this month. He looked discusted because i turn into a monster on them, but he said if thats what I wanted it was okay with him. That Wednesday came along and no sign of my cycle, but that wasn't uncommon either. Then Thursday, then friday, then Satruday...It was BYU's first game of the season and I was with my sister Amy while Zac was at the game. We went to Walmart and she talked me into getting a pregnancy test. We went home and low and behold it couldn't be more positive that i was PREGNANT! When i picked Zac up from the game he was really excited about BYU's win and how big of a blow out it was, but I had to be the story topper. When I told him he asked me if this was some sick joke. We were both so excited, but it was a different kind of excited it was very cautional. I have had 2 ultrasounds because i am considered more of high risk pregnancy, but things looked great! My Dr said that within the 1st year of having a baby you are most firtle. He was right. So today is a little easier for me to handle. I am happy to report that I am 3 months pregnant. It has all been an emotional ride, but it will be worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Hi Liz. I know I haven't talked to you in like a year and a half, but I just wanted to say that I am so so so happy for you. I remember how hard you were trying to get pregnant when I worked with you. When I heard that you lost the first baby my heart broke for you. I can't even imagine what that would have been like and I am so sorry that you went through that. But on a happier note, words cannot describe the emotions I have right now after reading your post. I am so stinking excited for you. That most have been the best thing to get pregnant naturally without the pills. I can't believe you are 3 months along! How exciting. Well I will remember to keep you in my prayers that this pregnancy will be a success for you! Once again I am so happy for you and I hope you are doing great. Have a great day!
Finally! Now I can talk to you about this in public! Oh Liz, I coudln't be more exctied for you! Who knows why we are given the trials we are but I want you to know how proud of you I am. I looked at you in your situation and was amazed at the faith and insurence you had that everything would be okay. and now, here you are! Pregnant again, without any extra help and everything's going to be great! YOU, Missy, will be an awesome mom! What a blessed baby!
I'm so glad things are going well! I cannot imagine how stressful it is. We definitely need to meet up for lunch or dinner soon!
First of all, you do NOT have to feel silly for feeling emotional. I've been thinking about you a lot yesterday and today, it can't be easy and I think you should just let yourself feel the way you feel...
And as you know I am SUPER excited about this little one on the way! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! We love you guys!
Hey Liz it's Devri (Halgren) Granados. Your blog is so cute! CONGRATS! That's so exciting!!!!
YES! I am so excited about the timing of this pregnancy. I love that you are just a couple weeks ahead of me so I can have somebody to bounce off of when I need to talk about it :)
And I don't think at all that it's a silly thing to be emotional right now. Your life has been turned upside-down then rightside-up again, that's alot for anyone to go through...
Yeah! I am so happy for you both! I want you to know that the both of you have been in our prayers and will continue to be. It was so fun to see you the other day.. You look great! Hope your feeling ok? Love ya
I am so happy for you. I can't imagine how hard things have been, but you've been so amazing about everything! And now you've got another baby on the way. Congrats! Let me know if you need anything!
yay! i am so happy for you guys!! congrats, and i hope you are feeling great and aren't nauseous or anything with the pregnancy!
I am so happy for you Liz! Congrats!
Oh Liz I am so happy for you! You will be such a good mom! And when he or she gets here it will be so special and so worth it!!!
Yay! I am so happy for you and Zac. That's so exciting! You guys deserve the best! Congrats!
LIZ! I am so so happy for you!!! You have definitely been through it and you deserve the best. Congrats!
I couldn't be happier for you guys!! I can't believe how you have handled eveything. You really are a great example to me! Congrats!! You will be a fantastic mom!
Congratulations Liz! Im glad I picked up on what bobbi said at bunco! :) I am SO happy for you!
I know I am a little behind everyone else, but I am so excited for you!!I started reading your post having no idea you are prego. I started to cry because I have been there too, the due date blues and of course the jealousy. I was jealous of my own sister in laws. It is the hardest thing. I too was so nervous my whole pregnancy, I couldn't help it. So after reading half your post and crying by the time I got to the end I was crying happy tears. I am so excited for you. I had two pregnancies close and that's how I got Grace!
Oh I am so excited for you both. That is some great news. I always check your blog hoping that you have an announcement. We will be having our babies just a few weeks apart, Spring babies. Congrats again. Wish I could give you a big hug! Miss ya
Yippee! Congrats Zac and Liz! We're so happy for you!!!
Congats!!!! I am so happy for you! Be sure to keep us all posted on how things are going and how you are feeling! We really need to get together! I miss you! Crazy that your cousin is dating my sister! Small world! Well Congratulations!!
OH LIZ I COULDN"T BE MORE EXCITED FOR YOU! What an example of strength you are to all of us! I am so glad that everything looks good, We will keep you in our prayers!
Hooray!!! I am so excited for you. What a tremendous blessing for your family. I was hoping to see this announcement! I wish you all the best. Nobody deserves it more than you guys!
Post a Comment